Study in Uk

One of the world’s ultimate destinations, United Kingdom has so much to offer. A land of physical beauty coupled with world’s best living and working conditions, UK is fast becoming the hot spot for skilled professionals.
United Kingdom, the land of immense opportunities, has been welcoming newcomers for years and is still in a process of further liberalization of its Immigration Laws. Hundreds and thousands of professionals and businessmen already settled there have brought diversity to the UK by providing skills and expertise that complement the existing workforce.
The UK is an energy-rich nation with significant reserves of oil and gas in the North Sea and the Irish Sea and large coal resources.

UK Tier 4 Student (Adult) Visa

The UK government is following tier 4 system for student visa applications. The Tier 4 Student (Adult) visa is for students who intend to undertake any post-16 education at a United Kingdom institution in a full-time course. The Tier 4 Student (Adult) visa is flexible and allows students to participate in both short and long-term courses of at least 6 months in duration.

To qualify, students must have a confirmed offer of enrolment from a licensed education provider (sponsor), be able to maintain and accommodate themselves (or be maintained and accommodated by a host) while they are studying and show that they are able to pay their course fees.

This is a points-based system. As a Tier 4 (General) student, you must have 40 points to qualify.

  • 30 points for having a valid confirmation of acceptance for studies, for studying a course at an acceptable level with an approved education provider (also known as a ‘Tier 4 sponsor’), and for having acceptable English language skills; and
  • 10 points for having enough money (also known as maintenance or funds) to cover your course fees and living costs.

NOTE: All visa applications to the UK should be submitted through the UK Visas and Immigration or one of its commercial partners (VFS Global and WorldBridge).

English Language Requirements

All British universities and colleges accept IELTS results. This means that there is no need to take the IELTS test under UKVI specified condition unless required by your chosen institution.

This usually means passing a secure English language test (SELT).

  • CEFR level B2 if you’re studying at a degree level or higher.
  • CEFR level B1 if you’re not studying at a post-secondary diploma level.
  • Higher education institution (HEI) can choose themselves how to assess a student’s knowledge of English

Confirmation of acceptance for studies

A student will get a reference number by education provider called a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) once they’ve offered a place on a course. CAS number is required in your visa application.


UK academic standards are among the best in the world.

  • The UK offers a diverse and flexible range of courses in globally ranked institutions.
  • Courses in the UK education system are shorter and more intensive than many other countries, so students graduate sooner without compromising on quality. This will save time and money in tuition fees and living costs.
  • Universities are monitored closely to ensure that they uphold the highest standards of teaching, learning, and research. They also work hard to ensure a safe, caring, and supportive environment for all international students.
  • The country offers a vibrant and multi-ethnic culture and is considered as one of the best multi-lingual countries with no racial discrimination.
  • Degrees from the UK are recognized and respected all over the world.
  • The UK also gives many opportunities to explore various industries to start a career with. Studying in the UK is more affordable as compared to USA and Canada.

What you can and can’t do as a student in the UK

You can:

  • Study
  • Work as a student union sabbatical officer
  • Apply from inside or outside the UK
  • Apply to extend your stay
  • Work – depending on what level your course is and what kind of sponsor you have

You can’t:

  • Get publicfunds
  • Work as a professional sportsperson, including a sports coach
  • Study at an academy or a local authority-funded school (also known as a maintained school)

You may be able to bring in family members (dependants).

Other websites you refer to: