Why Study in USA?
The United States has thousands of accredited colleges and universities renowned for quality, numerous programs of study, and flexibility to change fields of study and schools. The wide range of tuition and living costs makes the United States affordable for hundreds of thousands of international students each year. Here are a few reasons why you should choose to study in the USA:
Top Ranked Universities
Sixteen universities in the USA are ranked in the world’s top 20 universities. Fifty-two US universities are ranked in the top 100 universities worldwide. Seventy-seven American universities are ranked among the best 200 universities in the world.
Exploring Various Cultures
Studying in the USA means exploring different cultures as it is a country of immigrants. Many people from a distant land had come over and made it their home. Living in multicultural society improves your confidence, communication, and social skills.
Ideal Place for Research
To become a research scholar, the US is the perfect choice for higher education. One can get the opportunity to work while you learn. The research grant will get tuition fee waived off and provide a stipend, while the intellectual challenges will help you grow professionally.
Ample Job Opportunities
Completing a degree from the US entitles students to work there for about a year. For working there, you have to apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT). Many students get hired by a company where they did the OPT. These companies sponsor them for H1-B which is a work visa.
Getting financial aid is another major reason for international students to opt for higher education in the US. Many Universities offer grants, loans, and stipends for students to meet their daily expenses as well as tuitions in some cases. If one can prove excellence in academics, then US education may even turn out to be free.
The education system in the US is quite different from other countries. You have the flexibility to choose your own subjects and your own class timings, unlike the fixed college curriculum and schedules in India..
American education is known for its excellence. Only the best students can reach the top schools. Degrees from the USA are not just recognized worldwide and accepted, but also widely respected around the world.
The Teachers Academy can help you get a US study visa to your dream university or college.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) – For entry into Graduate Programs
- TOEFL/IELTS is used to evaluate the English proficiency for admission to any course.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is required for admission to MBA and other management programs.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) is required for admission into bachelor level courses
- Law and Medical schools usually require different exams like LSAT and MCAT
IELTS for the USA
USA Says Yes to IELTS
Over 3,000 institutions and programs in the USA accept IELTS scores as proof of English language skills. Over a million people each year are now using IELTS to open doors throughout the English-speaking world and beyond.
English Proficiency Requirements
- Preferred TOFEL: 85
- Preferred IELTS: 6 bands
Applying for US study visa
- Apply to and be accepted in the US by a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) approved school.
- Pay the Student and Exchange Visitor Informations Systems (SEVIS) fee.
- Complete a US student visa application along with recent photos.
- Pay the visa application fee
- Schedule and attend a visa interview.
Tips for Your Visa Interview
- Wear formal clothes
- Be specific when you answer questions
- Bring bank statements or proof of employment
- Provide details of your study plans
- Stay calm and be professional
- Be truthful